You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Gladiatus US forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, January 6th 2010, 7:52pm

religious bible quotes in profiles

I've been flipping through profiles on this server for quite a long time and I constantly am bombarded by religious themed profiles that are highly offensive to me being a non believer and recently it came to my attention that gf has no problem persecuting people for their religious beliefs and perma banning those who convey their beliefs even in second handed sarcasm. This works out great for me because the fact is that in my eyes all religions regardless of who what where and why are extremists and offensive, so I demand that all religion be banned throughout gladiatus and every gf game. All the people quoting any bible texts in their profile should be permanently banned. I mean really if we gonna persecute one religion lets do em all in a big sweep get rid of all the fanatics once and for all.
It's either this or they need to shut up and stop being bias against those who believe differently then themselves because here in America we have the right to believe anything we want and say whatever we want whether it being in fanatical tirade or joking about sensitive subjects.
-christo

btw dont tell me to write a ticket about profiles that offend me its not my job to censor the way people think or feel thats your job...

Kevinius78

Game Operator Servers 1 and 10

Wednesday, January 6th 2010, 8:08pm

I guess my best response is that I feel the same about most biased profiles, however, when a profile shows up that is really offensive, it is often not taken down, even though the offending player is banned. I haven't been around much really the past 3 weeks or so, but it seems that the GOs are making these arbitrary calls based on what they want to see banned and not based on what's right. You almost have to say to yourself, ban one, or ban them all, but at least be consistent across the board.

That said, it baffles me to think that they believe they have the authority to ban someone's character across ALL servers no matter how bad something was that they said on one. This is a an unprecedented move by a ban happy group of self righteous GOs. Instead of warning or banning this thread, I think we are all entitled to a legitamate and well thought out rebuttal on why exactly they think they are right in their banning philosophy, which over the past 6 months has been inconsistent at the very best, where in most cases the punishment does not fit the crime. Face it, some of these banned players have spent a lot of money on this game and they deserve to be heard instead of unconitionally struck down.

-k

Wednesday, January 6th 2010, 10:58pm

because here in America we have the right to believe anything we want and say whatever we want
how is banning people who have the freedom to express their religious views agree with this?
and you know what who gives a sh!t if your offended suck it up and stop being a wussy maybe i'm offended by you pulling this crap.
so I demand that all religion be banned throughout gladiatus and every gf game.
GF should ban you because i demand it.
the fact is that in my eyes all religions regardless of who what where and why are extremists and offensive,
sounds to me like your biased against anyone religious

Warning given. -- v0rtex

v0rtex

To be the man you have to beat the man--- WOOO!

• "v0rtex" is male

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 1:02am

Being offended because you do not share the same faith is not the same as being offended because of a threatened religious extremist action.

Paying for rubies does not earn you special status, all users have the same opportunities afforded to them - its a matter of knowing how to use those opportunities (I.E Using the ticket system to complain about a ban vs creating a thread)

You want to complain about a specific ban send in a ticket to the proper GO.

Thread closed.

I feel bad for people who don't drink for when they wake up in the morning, it's the best they'll feel all day.

v0rtex

To be the man you have to beat the man--- WOOO!

• "v0rtex" is male

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 2:49am

After some discussion, this thread is being reopened.

Discussing the specific ban that brought this argument up, or any trolling of religious groups that are not the same as your own - or trolling of GF/The Team will not be tolerated.

I feel bad for people who don't drink for when they wake up in the morning, it's the best they'll feel all day.

Aerothorn

The Helper to all who need it.

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 4:15am

Personally. Why does it matter what peoples views on things are. If you are so angry about having people with religious quotes etc. Then you should leave the game and not make countless others who have quotes leave. And you say people who have biased opinions..you opening such a thread as this is biased. You contridict yourself sorry but it would have been nice if you Stated your point correctly instead of doing contridictions. Furthermore a quote like ie. "I stood before the crowd and raised my sword and cheered" how is that much different than. "In his name i have slain those before me"....as you see you only have problems with one i bet. hence your pointless blundering about religion should be banned. Point Made.

-=Aero=-
**Working on Signature** The names Aerothorn. You can call me Aero though.

tardboy

Beginner

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 5:00am

there is a very clear difference in having beliefs and just trying to be offensive. some people just try to be offensive because they figure they do what ever they want inside or outside the rules. if your acually offended at something you should know to and be able to report it to a go, theyll do the right thing 99% of the time\. some one once told me it was nice to see people see get what they have coming i guess he was right\....

.LeO.

Banned until 09-08-2009

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 6:43am

i ll say all religions regardless of who what where and why are extremists and offensive,, i dont see it right to ban someone because he is extremist or ...((we r free to say what we think about others)) we call that freedom of speech . ,,it s a game not a homeland security . let people have some fun please. ?( .

brich21

..Rain Wizard

• "brich21" is male

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 6:46am

Freedom of speech is not what it says. I dont mean this to sound like talking down to you, but seriously go research it, there is a lot of things that are not protected.

.LeO.

Banned until 09-08-2009

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 6:52am

when we say freedom of speech ,it s an unlimited freedom , free like a birth in the sky , say what u want when u want it .

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 6:54am

nope im sorry but rules are in place to protect us from religious extremists
these rules dont discriminate on whether your actually a threat to society or just someone saying stupid things
its set in stone once labeled regardless of truth you are blacklisted
discussion on the matter is not exactly prohibited but that depends on who you talk to exactly lol
but.....
on the other hand these rules were made to protect us from real threats
if they're used against anything but those real threats its a blatant abuse of power
especially when used to push someones own personal agenda
hmm whos been holding grudges this whole time
i can think of quite a few
i can think of 9 servers full of people who could be holding grudges
wow that could be anyone then lol

well anyways have fun deciding between banning all those accounts or retracting your overreaction
hey one overreaction was already set straight today haha

-christo

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 8:53am

Everyone has the right to be offended...but u're right ends when someone else's rights begin:
you have the right to be offended by anything, but u have absolutly no right to ask for, or demand to, get me banned because u're offended by my opinion, political view, religious view or another "views" of that matter.

Also plz note that the freedom of speech limitation apply to examples such as screaming fire in a crowded place.
if I was to scream fire in a corwded place, it will result in a panic and a possible stampede resulting in peoples physical harm==> that's why it's illegal!

on the other hand, stating out ur OPINION on a matter will not result in any panic or physical harm. if I say I'd wish Hitler won the war....that's just my opinion. nothing more, nothing less. I'm not hurting anyone physically. I'm sure people are offended by this, but don't u think for example that the family of the German soldiers might, just might, be offended by those people?

you need to distinguish between giving out an opinion==> allowed in the freedom of speach; and passing a lie as a fact==> illegal.

I can say that "I believe the GOs are doing a horrible job"==> that's my opinion...my
but saying that the GOs "are stealing accounts and credit card information" is no longer an opinion but a lie and I deserve to be punished for it.

And tardboy "if your actually offended at something you should know to and be able to report it to a go,"…I'm offended by that statement! Are you trying to take my freedom of speech? You can be offended by anything I say and have me censored? I demand to have you banned since I'm offended lol
No but seriously, are you kidding me or something? If you're offended by something I say, you should report me? Do you even begin to realize how hypocrite and contra-freedom what u said is?

Oh and btw, at the moment, Iran and Ahmady Najad are probably considered public enemy number one world wide, yet he was allowed to come to the USA and lecture in a university about his opinion and his point of view. Do you know why? Because humans aren't savages, even if we don't agree with you, we will listen to what u have to say and RESPECT ur opinion. If we don't agree with it, we will not be offended by it but instead will try to convince you to change…that's because we live in SOCIETY and are CIVILISED people!!

I guess what I'm saying is I want to go to Iraq to remove Sadam and give the people free elections…not go to Iraq to remove Sadam and assign a friend of mine!
Anything that causes offense by being of an unacceptable quality that may hurt an individuals integrity is strictly forbidden..."=> punishment: a life time ban on all servers and forum. :thumbdown:

tardboy

Beginner

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 12:28pm

what i was saying is that if it were truly that offensive it would be taken care of, there is a whole lot more going on with the tool in question here but really all of that should be discussed in the forum. and i think its funny that everyone is talking about free speech when this is a private community, and in private communities people have the right to establish rules and standards, which means the same people who set and maintain those standards have the right to exclude anyone who doesnt adhere to them. im sure if you all actually saw the trash actually in question here, you would have to understand the difference in posting opinion or belief and just trying to be offensive

Kevinius78

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 3:55pm

What some people don't understand is that we could be here spinning our wheels debating freedom of speech issues for years. The real issue here is how GF makes the determination of what constitutes a ban, and because they are in charge of this game and can enforce it, they are able to strike down upon any persons considered offensive. This action is largely arbitrary, and they can do as they please. There has never really been very clear rules on what goes and what does not. The GOs operate in the vacuum of gray space where it is up to them to make these calls. I'd say controversial bans in general should be debated by the gaming population as a whole, but that would rob them of an important executive power.

-k

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 3:57pm

i agree with the first poster christo and with the mask guy.

1. the go's action are completely arbitrary. that is both an opinion and a fact. why? because absolute power corupts absolutely! it's easy to ignore the argument if you don't like the person it's coming from. and it's also easy to pick apart what someone says and take it out of context just so it could suit your agenda.

2. it's no secret that the go's are players on the servers. this is something that should actually be banned. it should be banned because if i play all servers and i raid their butts on a daily basis that could (and definitely does!) influence their decisions. GO's, let's be clear, if I raid you on a daily basis and keep you at 0 life, you will be dying for me to slip up so you can get a repreive from my DOMINATION. Similar to when I don't like someone and wanna beat them up... I pray that they one day decide to mess with me... or bump into me, or step on my sneakers even if it's by mistake, or breathe next to me...

3. I've blown thousands of rubies, which brings me to my last point. WE PAY FOR THIS. We pay to play this game and if we get too good there will be lots of eyes on us looking to thwart our domination. And the ones who end up getting you everytime are not the regular players. I truly believe that 80% of the time it's a GO/Player. I say that every GO who's a player should have his ingame name show up in red so we can put some names to these faces.

I'm way tired of it all. One more time and I'm done.

Hey, being a military man, I'd like to know who is above the GO's in the chain of command. I need to speak to that person. If anyone knows please send me a PM.

** Well said Kevin I wish I had posted two minutes faster though. No matter great minds think alike. IN THIS CASE, LOGICAL MINDS THINK ALIKE **
Your account is banned till...
Fri, 09/26/2008 - 16:26:52

Reason for your ban:
bashen

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "jasonlo" (Jan 7th 2010, 4:02pm)

mr_norrell

leaving in protest.

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 4:49pm

why does someone's belief's offend you. everytime you see a person with a cross on, do you get offended?

there are lots of people who don't believe in a god that think the bible is a great book, just cause it's a quote from the koran or whatever doesn't mean that it's because they are religious. if you are offended by anything that could be construded to be religious then you are in a horrible situation.

if you go to church and live by the word and there is no god, you didn't lose anything but if you don't and there is, then you lost everything. so it doesn't hurt to have faith but it could hurt not to.

i want to believe there is a god but it's hard. the way i see it man's creations aren't as beautiful as nature/god. the new york sky line is amazing but is it more than the rocky mountain skyline. is a bach sonata more pretty than the song of the birds? is a new car smell better thanthat of a rose?
don't worry those of you who don't like guns, i won't use mine,out of respect for your opinion, to defend you. ;)

Kevinius78

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 4:50pm

Jason, you make some great points. I'd like to highlight a couple if it is ok.

#2. I agree to a point, but while it might make sense to push for a ban, at least have them be active and known within the game to set them apart from the general public.

#3. It would make sense if the GO in game names were known. There is an unwritten rule which states that a GO or a Forum Moderator is not allowed to play within the server they moderate, BUT we don't know how well this is enforced. Even still, I know there has to be some bias towards posters that are to put it kindly, not well liked at times by certain people.

#4. The chain of command is written within the forums as the GF team structure. Anyone above that is apparently unreachable or has no direct influence on the day to day maintainance of the game.

-k

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 4:58pm

I couldn't agree more jasonlo

this is from a thread I opened yesterday in the critisim and complain section

"I want to to know witch GO playes on what server/S. why is it such a big guarded secret? you don;'t need to tell us who they are on the server, just a list of each player and where he plays. this will help explain a lot of the warning we're getting!!! is it because the GOs know they are using their power to get back on player in other servers or the forum?

I want to know how come a player can get a forum ban from a GO who plays on his server! don't you think their might be a conflict of intrest?"

btw, a GO (let's call him V) who plays on server X, and thus isn't allowed to moderate on server X, went into someone's account on server X under the pretext that he's double checking speedbraker's decision (ofcourse speedy is like 3 ranks above me, so I don't get how he's the one checking his work...also V is not allowed to moderate on server x since he plays there so I don't know what he was doing there to begin with) and V actually changed the player's password (obviously u have to send ur user name and password to the GOs when reporting bashing or bugusing)...the player managed to reset the password. a ticket was sent, but no reply of course.

and to answer your question, the CoMa pepper is above both the forum GOs and the game GOs...but good luck trying to get him/her to answer you...

and to kev: one of the main problems with the GOs is that they don't have any consistency in the rules. one moment bugusing result in a life time ban, another it results in a week ban...but those how are banned for life remain banned for life.

even worse, if I track u down in real life and issue a real life threat, or if I manage to hack into your account or if I imitate a GO and get u to reveal information, I get a life time ban on the server I was reported on.
yet if I say something "relegiously extreemist" on one server, I get banned for life on all servers.

I don't get how stating an opinion or a joke or anything that u might really offensive is considered much much worse then things that are illegal and punishable in real life such as stealing accounts, impersonating authority, hacking, issuing real life threats and stalking!!!

so it's not just that they don't have a clear set of rules and operate in grey areas, they dont have any clear sence consistency or common sence in some cases.

oh and btw, according to "internet laws", anything u do that is pusnishable in real life will also be punishable if u do it on the internet (for example cybersex with some 13 when you're over 18 will result in u going to jail or having a record...) that means issuing real life threats, stealing identities and hacking are all punishable by law, yet the go's treat them aparently less sevearly then issuing an opinion or saying something offensive to many that is not punishable by law!!
Anything that causes offense by being of an unacceptable quality that may hurt an individuals integrity is strictly forbidden..."=> punishment: a life time ban on all servers and forum. :thumbdown:

brich21

..Rain Wizard

• "brich21" is male

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 5:55pm

How many GO's play under a different name? I have never seen that before, because i know Nobs plays under Nobs and D-Wolf plays under his name? I am not tryin to argue that point, but i would like to know if that is a valid argument or if you guys are just blowing steam?

Nobs

Professional

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 6:31pm

It's no secret: Nobs, server 1.
And it is a written rule for the team, no one can be a GO on a server that they play on.
Just makes sense. Conflict of interest as you said.
GO's can not give forum bans. And GO's, because of this rule above, can not give bans to players on the server they play on.
And your example of GO X??? No way! GO's can not and do not have access to passwords. Besides getting your terms confused between a GO and a MOD, GO's deal with in game issues, MOD's deal with forum issues. And no player at anytime should send their password to a GO for anything....bashing or otherwise. We can see the combat reports just like you can in the war master hall.

Guys alot of the problems we are seeing is from misinformation like this and rumors. I wish we could discuss bans in the open, but we can't. I wish I could open the books and show you all the evidence we use to ban someone. I can say this, to get a gamewide ban takes more than just yelling fire (jihad) in a crowded building.