You are not logged in.

ripley

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.. None but ourselves can free our minds..

• "ripley" is female
  • "ripley" started this thread

Wednesday, November 5th 2014, 4:49pm

Crafting system ~ Q&A thread

Ave Gladiators!

If you have any questions about our NEW UPDATE, please post them in this thread so that we can forward them to GF and you will get your answer as soon as possible.

Kind regards, your Gladiatus.us team

Wednesday, November 5th 2014, 5:49pm

First question....Yayyyy...LOL

Will this crafting system make the Magus obsolete or will he still be useful since he upgrades items and does not create them?

I thought about being upset that you don't like me.....but then I decided to carry on living my life.

Thursday, November 6th 2014, 1:42am

Well, considering that he's the one that upgrades - he'll still be in use. :)

It wouldn't make sense to make a new feature that would make one of the old ones completely obsolete - especially one that's annoying like Magus. :P

Thursday, November 6th 2014, 5:12am

So, if we "learn" a recipe, what can we do with that? Also, will we be able to make new mercs?

Thursday, November 6th 2014, 12:38pm

I assume it's going to be like this:

Since magus upgrades every piece of an item in one shot, i think that new feature of upgrading and enchanting an item will be used to upgrade an item piece by piece ... let's say once you want to upgrade percentage of charisma, next time you want to upgrade armor etc...

So my question is, how many times player will be able to upgrade a single item?
Will items have enchanting/upgrading slots, like 0/3, or 0/2, which would be dependable on what exactly?
If you think some thread is closed early, please contact mod/smod.

Bitefight.ba - Super Moderator
Gladiatus.ba - Super Game Operator
Gladiatus.com - Super Game Operator
Gladiatus.us - Super Moderator

ripley

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.. None but ourselves can free our minds..

• "ripley" is female

Tuesday, November 11th 2014, 3:43pm

Here are some questions which raised and some answers to them:

Will the resources only be dropped on missions, or are they also drops in fights with NPC's or players?

Right now the resources only drop on expeditions but of course we will keep a very close eye on the system when it's live, and changes are always possible.

Recipes: Will there be new ones, or will we be able to use the "Guild Recipes"? Or will they just get obsolete? Would it make sense to keep an orange lvl120 recipe for the crafting system or can i sell it?
There will be new recipes for the crafting system which have other names. The recipes are basically the pre- and suffixes you already know right now. New ones are planned for 2015.

What about soul bound? Will items only get bound after it was equipped?
There is a chance that an item already gets soulbound when you craft it. But we will add crafting tools that will decrease or eliminate the chance of a soulbound item. Those items will drop on missions and are buyable in the crafting shop.

I would like to ask how you intend to solve the inventory space for materials. Do you consider a special inventory for them or do you plan just to increase the inventory size?
Right now one can store needed resources in the smithy. Every resource that you don't need for your current work, will be stored in your normal inventory. We will observe how this system works, and will react if another solution is needed.

Will Ressources really only drop at missions, or on Quests/Dungeons/Expeditions as well?
I think there was a misunderstanding: Resources only drop on expeditions right now. Sorry!

Tuesday, November 11th 2014, 5:55pm

Does anyone have an easy to use German to English translating tool so I can check out the update? Lol

I thought about being upset that you don't like me.....but then I decided to carry on living my life.

ripley

• "ripley" is female

Tuesday, November 11th 2014, 6:12pm

LOL, you could try Google Translate, but I'm pretty sure that won't get you far.

ripley

• "ripley" is female

Friday, February 20th 2015, 3:55pm

Where can I find resources?
For now resources can be found on expeditions. They drop alongside the items you could already get up til now. Furthermore you can receive resources from melting equipment in the smeltery.

How can I find the crafting recipes? Can I use guild recipes for the new crafting system?
The crafting recipes will be called Scrolls and they drop on expeditions. Guild recipes and Scrolls have nothing to do with each other. From time to time, we might also run an event, in which scrolls will be available in a special tab in the auction house.

Do I get an extra inventory for resources? I already have storage issues, and there are like 1000 new resources that could potentially spam my inventory...
No, there will be no new inventory. As soon as you pick an item that you want to craft though, you can store all needed resources in that smithy slot.

I have been killing the rat in the Grimwood for hours now, and I didn't get any resources. Am I bugged?
No, you are not bugged. It is just not possible to drop any resources in Grimwood (first expedition area). Resources start dropping in Pirate Harbour.

Friday, February 20th 2015, 4:32pm

How come the 'sell' button doesn't work in our inventory?

And also why is there even a delete button? What purpose could it serve?

This is a huge problem. Luckily I haven't did it myself but other have already deleted large portions of their inventory because of this.

Friday, February 20th 2015, 7:45pm

sale of forge materials

due to pushing rules i'm curious how much forging materials can be sold for i'm currently seeing them being sold for 200-25000gp presently demand is high, even i'm looking at materials placed 2k-5k and thinking i spend that on food .... but the value of the items is low and i don't want a ban so a list of acceptable prices would be helpful.

Friday, February 20th 2015, 8:28pm

due to pushing rules i'm curious how much forging materials can be sold for i'm currently seeing them being sold for 200-25000gp presently demand is high, even i'm looking at materials placed 2k-5k and thinking i spend that on food .... but the value of the items is low and i don't want a ban so a list of acceptable prices would be helpful.

^This^

Since those items definitely aren't rare they could easily get a ban and since this current game team seems to like to ban first and ask questions later I'd be VERY careful about selling them.

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 2:12am

Hello.

Standard game rules apply for crafting resources.
If you think some thread is closed early, please contact mod/smod.

Bitefight.ba - Super Moderator
Gladiatus.ba - Super Game Operator
Gladiatus.com - Super Game Operator
Gladiatus.us - Super Moderator

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 2:29am

Well, I guess that everybody with resources for sale in the market can get banned.

How about some answers to the other questions? Like why doesn't the sell button in our inventory work? Or why is there a delete button at all?

FranzLiszt

Super Game operator

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 5:04am

We GOs—at least me—are just as in the dark as other players here. My first day with this stuff was yesterday, same as you. I am wondering the same questions.

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 11:27am

The 5x the value rule applies for crafting items, too! Rules remain as they are ;)

I've seen people are selling way overpriced items and from now on GOs will ban that.

You will be informed if any of the rules changes.

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 1:23pm

The 5x the value rule applies for crafting items, too! Rules remain as they are

I've seen people are selling way overpriced items and from now on GOs will ban that.

You will be informed if any of the rules changes.

So you've seen clear rules violations, but they'll only be enforced from now on? So you're choosing when you're going to enforce the rules?

Hmmm...

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 3:54pm

Crafting items are the very definition of rare......they are not available at auction, you can't buy them anywhere.......you don't get them in a dungeon drop....the only place you can get them is from expeditions
and they are not dropping like rain there either ........If crafting items are not rare I don't know what is !
Rare is what they are and we all know it.......I guess this is like the old saying ..."common sense is not so common" .....it applies to go's as well !

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 4:45pm

You can get them from smelting which means that everybody has a chance to get them.

Of course if we'd gotten even minimal info with this update people would all know that, but we didn't.

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 5:07pm

Thank you for clearing that up......so much ambiguity to this game and the rules makes it hard to play sometimes......again...thanx for the info